Guidelines and Instructions
- Barrie resident or business located in Barrie
- Business Owner or employee
- Business outside of Barrie must be a Barrie Chamber Member to qualify
- Must be under the age of 30 as of March 1st, 2024.
- Charities or Not for Profit Organizations volunteered with are located in (or have an office in) Barrie
- The Visionary award may only be won once.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Businesses can only submit one nomination profile each year (if they are nominated in more than one category, they must choose the one that is most important to them)
- Individuals can only submit one nomination profile each year (if they are nominated in more than one category, they must choose the one that is most important to them)
- An employee of a company nominated for a business category is permitted to submit in the individual award categories - as the award is for the individual, it is not considered a second nomination for that business
- Winners are not eligible for any category the year after they win (finalists are eligible for any relevant category)
- Winners can not win the same category for 3 years (they may submit a profile for a different category 2 years after their win - if a winner submits a nominee profile for a category they have previously won, prior to judging Barrie Chamber staff will review the winning nomination against the new submission to ensure that it is significantly different, i.e. they are not winning twice for the same activity with no progression or innovation). Finalists are eligible for any relevant category.
- Previous winners of the Visionary Award are not eligible to submit for it again
- If a company is nominated for the wrong sector award, they will be moved to the correct sector (i.e. a person aged 35 submitted for Young Entrepreneur would not submit and be judged in that category, they would be moved to the Entrepreneur category)
- Nominator information is kept confidential, not even the nominees are told who nominated them
- Nominee profiles are kept confidential, although a portion of the company history text may be used for finalist videos, program, etc.